Job Title: Editor & Internet Marketing Specialist
Editor & Internet Marketing Specialist has the opportunity to build online advertising campaigns for local businesses. Many small organizations on the Central Coast are intimidated by the Digital Age and look to Access Publishing to provide the online advertising support they need to reach their customers on new platforms. Access Publishing is looking for a talented and passionate Editor & Internet Marketing Specialist to join its dynamic team in assisting small businesses.
This role is a combination of Local Search optimization implementation, editing/writing and office assistance. This position is responsible to manage Access Publishing’s internal marketing, social media platforms, develop brand awareness, and generate inbound traffic. This position monitors, tracks, and reports on client accounts for advancement in local search results and online reputation management. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong written communication skills and be able to manage and create press releases, blogs and articles for magazines, videos, and newsletters.
In addition, this position interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. This role is responsible to tend to client relationships by following up with phone calls, meeting with clients, and communicating effectively.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for social media in their blood – and the ability to make social media accessible for people with limited technical experience.
Local Search Optimization
- Manage all aspects of local search optimization for 100+ clients, including but not limited to:
- Set up and optimize business accounts on several social networks and internet directories
- Monitor, track, and report each client’s account for advancement in local search results.
- Create reputation management alerts.
- Brainstorm ideas for generating reviews, create email newsletters.
- Train clients in use of social media outlets.
- Frequent in person, phone, and email contact with each client.
- Stay up to date on latest industry developments.
Social Media/ Marketing
- Social media manager: Manage online communities for 1-3 Access Publishing brands across Facebook, Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google+.
- Act as Editor for several in print and online publications:
- Create editorial calendar, generate and assign story ideas, manage writers to ensure deadlines are met, edit articles (10-25 per publication) and ad copy, add titles, photo captions, and layout instructions.
- Interview for, write, and photograph business and individual profiles.
- Research and write up events and business listings into standard format.
- Assist with design ideas for each publication.
- Publications include a visitor’s guide, active outdoors magazine, newsletters, and directories.
- Use MailChimp to create creative email newsletters targeting sales, review generation, general information, magazine subscription, and more.
- Write and distribute press releases to local and industry-specific national media outlets.
- Design WordPress.com websites.
- Video filming and editing experience or willingness to learn.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years online marketing experience with a strong focus on social media (must be an enthusiastic and avid social media enthusiast!)
- Experience with writing and editing on a college or professional level.
- This is a mid-level position, perfect for someone with 2-4 years professional experience
- Ability to create, analyze and communicate analytics and performance metrics
- Proven ability to write and edit digital media
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize
In your application, please include links to social media accounts you currently manage and/or examples of social media campaigns you have managed in the past. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com